Friday, August 31, 2007

Klok, formerly known as TimeTracker

My timetracker application is now known as Klok. With the new name comes some new features, bug fixes and an updated UI.


The new features include a collapsed view allowing you to tuck it away in the corner where you can see what task you are currently working on and how long you have been working on it.


For bug fixes there were a few minor ones. The most significant caused a problem when you dragged the end time and dropped it before the start time it would cause some weird issues. Now, if you do this it knows enough to swap the times so that the earlier time becomes the start time.


Download it and give it a try. Please feel free to comment on the name, icon, ui, etc.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you do the click and install thing? When I click at your Flash, my computer automatically opens up AIR and ask me whether to install or save. Is it a default behavior or did something special in your Flash?

Unknown said...

Somehow the license couldn't be loaded. after that the installer stops.

Pete Hotchkiss said...

wont install dude ... get runtime AIR errors

Anonymous said...

i'm enjoying it now. great stuff. For those failed to install it, you may need to upgrade your AIR runtime.

Rob McKeown said...

@5566 - That click to install mechanism, known as the Badge Installer, comes with the AIR SDK. It is pretty simple to hook up and customize. There is a sample that comes with the SDK with instructions.

John Wilker said...

Maybe it's PEBKAC but I can't get it to enter time. I started a time event, but when I try to update the start time, no go.

Rob McKeown said...

@john- You probably won't be able to update an entry generated by a time while it is timing. You would need to stop the timer and update the start time. I will try to get this fixed since I often start working on something and then realize that "hey I should have started the timer"

Thanks for pointing it out.

Unknown said...

Im using flex 2... I want to create a small time tracking system for our concern... Can anyone tell me that Personal timetacker can be used through server? So that more than one people can update(use) it.... please suggest me...