I lost count of the number of people who emailed me telling me how great it would be if there was some way to track time in Klok from their iPhone. Well we are getting ready to kick off the private beta of Klokwork, a hosted service for tracking time with Klok, which has the capability of syncing up time tracked from an iPhone (or any smartphone with a web browser) with time tracked from the Klok 2 desktop application.
Before the rumor mills start churning out false information, let me clarify what this is and isn't.
This is not:
- an AIR application running on an iPhone
- a Flex/Flash application running in mobile Safari
- connecting the iPhone directly to the local SQLite databased used by Klok
- going to be sold through the App store
- a JQuery + JQTouch based AJAX application running in mobile Safari
- able to be added to the home screen and accessed like any other application
- connected to a hosted Java-based web application called Klokwork
- synchronized with the Klok desktop application using Klok's new pluggable connector architecture