Wednesday, April 7, 2010

First problem with Flash Builder 4

I have been using the Flash Builder 4 beta for quite a while now and decided I would try out the trial version while I wait for my request for a license to go through my company. At the same time I got a shiny new Win 7 machine. So one of the first things I had to do was install FB4 and the ClearCase plugin from IBM. What I noticed was that it installed fine (I can use the check in/out from the right click menu), but when I went to Customize Perspective so I can make it show up in the top level menu... I couldn't because once the Customize Perspective window is open, the OK button doesn't do anything.

This is probably not a top priority problem but it is annoying.

To top it off, I went looking in the Adobe Forums to see if anyone else has the problem and I can't even find a Flash Builder 4 forum at all. There is one for the beta but I don't think this belongs there. And it isn't a Flex problem so it doesn't belong there either.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Looking at the workspace log, I see the following stack trace after trying to click the OK button:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-04-14 08:38:18.144
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.CustomizePerspectiveDialog.getVisibleIDs(CustomizePerspectiveDialog.java:3108)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.CustomizePerspectiveDialog.okPressed(CustomizePerspectiveDialog.java:3177)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.buttonPressed(Dialog.java:472)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3880)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)

matt said...

I've submitted a bug report for this.

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-26650

Rob McKeown said...

Thanks Matt

Anonymous said...

See my comment on the bug post here:

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-26650

Summary: The bug was fixed in a new eclipse build but i don't know how to update individual jars in Flash Builder