Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Flash Player 10: Sounds great, but...

Unfortunately Adobe must be "sold out" of Flash Player 10s. I went to Adobe.com and watched the really cool teaser video and thought to myself, "I have to install this right now". When I click to install, it goes through the installation process as normal and then gives me the "Installation successful" screen and indicates that Flash Player 9.x.x.x was installed successfully.

Now, I have seen some weirdness upgrading flash player before which was usually solved by uninstalling the current version and then installing the new version. No problem. I downloaded the uninstaller and uninstalled the current 9.x version and went back to Adobe.com to install the new version and when I go to the screen and click "Agree and Install Now" button, I go to a page where... wait for it... nothing happens. I see what looks like a broken image tag and some text that says it will take a couple minutes on a 56k modem.

They don't make it simple to find and download an old version so I am kind of stuck at the moment.

... and I really want to see some examples of the new typographic capabilities.

2 comments:

Brenton said...

Heard about Klok at Flashcamp and now I have to try it. =)

Flash 10 downloaded fine for me. Try this link:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Anonymous said...

Do you like playing in the game which you need to use wow gold, when you do not have World of Warcraft Gold, you must borrow warcraft gold from friends, or you buy wow gold. If you get cheap wow gold, you can continue this game.